Over the last few weeks I have started work on a console just for corners. Not only is it just for corners but it is HTML rather than flash and so is compatible with mobiles, tablets etc.
It can be seen on www.simplesoccerstats.com/test/Corners.php
It is currently in a rough form but I wanted to get it out as it is done and see if anyone wants to test it and see how it works. At the moment it only works for the English Premier League, Championship and League One as that is all I have added the stats for. Only the Premier League teams have their colours assigned as well.
I’ll explain what there is.
- Top section is the 2 combo boxes to choose the league and then matches. When you change the league the whole page will refresh.
- The top chart shows the totals for each team throughout the season. You can click on the legend to change what lines you want to see. For example you could see the total corners for each match the home team has played in. You could look at the corners just the home team has managed in each of their matches or look at the supremacy. For the supremacy the away team supremacy is in reverse. By that I mean a supremacy of 5 for the home team means that outcornered the away team by 5. A supremacy of 5 for the away team means they were outcornered by 5. This should mean you can see better where supremacy lines match up.
- The next sections shows the averages and highs for each team and also for the league
- The next section shows how the supremacy and total corner lines look. I have used Asian lines for both of these and then just summarised the past matches. You can scroll through the lists and see how each team would have fared using the different lines. It shows the home team, the away team and then the two combined.
Enhancements still to add
- Better colours
- Quicker connection to the database and data presentation. This will make a big difference.
- Ability to exclude matches from the analysis (e.g remove matches against the top 3 teams) so you can see more likely results.
- Many more leagues
- Ability to view non Asian lines
- Allow last seasons data to be shown as well.
Any comments from anyone would be appreciated. Either here, on facebook, on twitter (@simplesocstats) or good old email.